Thursday, September 22, 2016

Songwriting Workshop in Tochigi


I recently went to a songwriting workshop in Tochigi-ken. It took place over 3 days. We split into three groups and wrote as many songs. It was a great experience to collaborate with Japanese Christians who are excited to write songs about our Lord Jesus.

Just like there is a spoken heart language among people groups, I believe there is a musical heart language among people groups. Music is a way into a person's soul like no other art form. It has a way of opening the heart and allowing the Spirit of God to convict and encourage. Maybe that is why so much of the Bible is made of songs and why God Himself sings over us (Zeph. 3:17). No wonder so many of God's people love music; our God is a singer.

I really believe we are on the verge of seeing Japanese believers write songs that will help open this nation to the gospel like never before. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that a song is going to win the whole nation of Japan to Jesus but, I do believe that art and especially music highly influences countries. I know that God is moving His people in Japan to write songs. The Japanese Christian musicians are sensing a deep need to write worship songs that are distinctly Japanese and that will not only communicate to the Body of Christ but will also attract non-believing Japanese people to Jesus. I think music will be one of the ways that God uses to move in this nation in a mighty way.
I love it!!! I want to do what I can to help encourage this movement.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Using This Blogsite!