Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Demo Tutorial/Cover of "Jesus" by Chris Tomlin



Greetings from Japan!

I have been excited about this new song by Chris Tomlin since I found out about it because... it is explicitly about Jesus.

Many of you know that I and my family are evangelical missionaries in Japan. I use music as a part of my ministry here to share Jesus. This is a song I can sing and use to share testimonies about my Savior. As you listen to or play this song, I want you to remember Japan.

Japan is a country of about 127 million people where only 1/2 of 1% know Jesus. It is an unreached people group where most have not even heard the name of Jesus. Many of the ones who have heard His name are afraid to put their trust in Him because it might interfere with relationships they have with family and friends because of generations of Buddhist tradition. There are many other barriers to the gospel in Japan that I will not go into here.

Jesus, our Creator and Savior, is the answer to life's problems. "He stands in the fire beside us. He carries our healing in His hands."
I want to ask you to pray with me that the Japanese people might come to Him. The only way to tear down spiritual strongholds is through prayer. Here is a link to the imb.or/pray page and specific requests for Japan:
Pray For the Japanese

If you decide you want to share Jesus with Japanese personally as a volunteer missionary click the "Go" button on that same page and then click "mission trip resources" at the top of the page. You will be given information about how you can do a short-term mission trip.

ありがとうございます (Thank You Very Much),

Kevin

"Jesus" by Chris Tomlin (Ab)
[capo 1st fret using G shapes]

Verse 1
                  G                                C9
There is a truth older than the ages
                  G                                         C9
There is a promise of things yet to come
               A7sus4                      Em7   C9
There is one born for our salvation
G    G/B C9
Jesus
                  G                                            C9
There is a light that overwhelms the darkness
                  G                                    C9
There is a kingdom that forever reigns
               A7sus4                                        Em7    C9
There is freedom from the chains that bind us
G     G/B
Jesus
C9
Jesus

Chorus
G/B C9
Who walks on the waters
Em7 D                             D11/F#
Who speaks to the sea
         G                          D11/F#  Em7
Who stands in the fire be     side me
G/B C9
He  roars like a lion
Em7 D                           D11/F#
He  bled as the Lamb
      G                 D11/F#    Em7           G/B
He carries my healing in His hands
C9
Jesus

Verse 2
                   G                                     C9
There is a name I call in times of trouble
                  G                                            C9
There is a song that comforts in the night
                  A7sus4                                            Em7   C9
There is a voice that calms the storm that rages
           G          C9
He is Jesus, Jesus

REPEAT CHORUS

Bridge
      C9
Messiah
   Dsus4
My Savior
               G         D11/F#  Em7
There is power in Your name
                  C9                   Dsus4
You're my rock and my Redeemer
               G         D11/F#  Em7
There is power in Your name
             C9
In Your name

REPEAT CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Using This Blogsite!