Sunday, April 13, 2014

THE DISSAPPEARING OF DIGITAL DATA

Hello or Konnichiwa,

The dissappearing of digital data is otherwise known as........a hard drive crash. Up until recently, it was only intellectual knowledge for me. But, about two weeks I found out experientially the frustrations and dissappointments that follow such a tragedy. I was recording piano and bass with two excellent musicians when my external hard drive started making "hamster" noises. The hard drive is just "thinking", I assured myself. However, it was more than that as I now know. Makoto-san had just laid down a great bass guitar take (as he always does) when the "hamster" in the hard drive began to go berserk. Trying to listen back to the take we heard nothing but sparadic vocals and acoustic guitar. I looked closer at my digital mixing board and found only blank blue space.Nothing on that hard drive lived through the "crash".

Therefore, the music project I am currently working on has been postponed due to the above incident, the fact that I can't get another hard drive in Japan that fits with my American opperating system and our current transitioning back to America for a year.

I did however learn a couple of important lessons. One, don't assume things are going to turn out how you want them to turn out. James 4:15 says, "Instead, you should say, 'If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.' "Forgive me, Lord." And, two, always back up the information on your computer or hard drive.
"Thank you, Lord for these lessons and I look forward to what You want to do with these songs. May it all be for Your glory."

Thanks for listening,
Kevin

To be continued.......if the Lord wills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Longer Using This Blogsite!